Friday, November 1, 2013

Nail It: Sweet Blueberry Nail Art

Hi everyone,

So, recently I've been a little ill and the weather is making me feel even worse. Don't get me wrong, I like fall- it's so colorful and fun, but there is something depressing about looking at the bare tree trunks, soaked with rain and the dark streets with little pubbles and crushed leaves..... right?.... no.... whatever. =D

The point is that I wanted to add some color to my look, and I decided to make a nail design with blueberries. I got my inspiration from the dark blue nail polish I used. I just saw the color and immediately decided to create a design with it. However, the only thing it reminded me of was a blueberry. And I did it. I hope you like it and leave a comment, telling me what you think. So, let's begin...




I. Products: 

This design involves very few nail polishes which is great. Also, some of the colors are very basic and you will probably find similar shades in your collection already. The more specific colors are the dark blue and the green.

      + Miss Selene Nail Lacquer 122
      + Rapsodi Nailpolish Multivitamin 303
      + Classics Charming Nail Lacquer 88
      + Miss Selene Nail Lacquer 204
      + Golde Rose Paris Nail Lacquer 191

II. Step by Step

      +Start by applying a base coat adn then paint your nails either milky white or light baby pink. As you can see I did pink on my thumb and ring finger. I think it definitely adds some color into the whole design. Another alternative would be light mint green: I believe it will compliment the dark blue beautifully.

      + When your base is completely dry take a green color and with a thin nail brush make three to four stripes going in different directions. Try making them as thin as you possibly can, but don't worry if some of them turn out a bit too think- you can cover them up with the blueberries.
Quick tip: I found my green to be a little too bright and it takes away the attention that should be directed towards the blueberries. This is why if you can, go for a darker green. Another alternative would be to combine thin green with a little dark brown or black and work with the product color.
      + Now it's time to create the blueberries. You can make them with a big dotting tool, but I used the tip of the nail polish's brush. With it I made from 3 to 5 blueberries on each of my nails.
      + Then with a light blue add some smaller dots in the dark blue ones you just created- this will give a wonderful dimention to your blueberries.
      + After that, with the dark blue color again, add even smaller dots in the light blue ones- you can use either a very small dotting tool, or a toothpick.
      + With the light blue nail polish, create smaller blueberries around the big ones. This will make your design more realistic. However, don't make them too many- you want them to look natural, not overwhelm the design.
      + An alternative here is to add small leaves or maybe even glitter around your blueberries to make them even girlier. But I chose to go for a cleaner and simpler design.
      + When your design is completely dry, apply a top coat to seal it and add a nice shine to your blueberries.

Here are some shots (I forgot to take a picture of some of the steps, but you will get the idea- it's just so simple and easy):

And you're done!

I hope you liked this design. I think it's just so girly and fun. Let me know if you try it out and share a pictures with me on Facebook or Twitter (#2ferocious).

xoxo,
      HriS

e-mail: teenbeautyzone@abv.bg
Facebook page
Twitter: 2ferocious

No comments:

Post a Comment