Friday, February 21, 2014

Flappy Bird Nail Art?!?

Hey everyone,

So, recently I became pretty obsessed with the game "Flappy Bird". I don't know what got me so hooked, but I can play it for an hour without even noticing. I think the beauty of the game is in its simplicity. It's as basic as it can get. This is why I decided to draw the small bird from the game on my nails.  

Here is how you can do it yourself:





Let's begin with the nail polishes I used:


1. Golden Rose Paris Nail Lacquer in the shade 181 or 171 (I'm not exactly sure- the label is rubbed off) but basically you need to paint your nails with two coats of a sky-blue or navy-blue nail polish. In order to pick the right shade look at the screen of the "Flappy Bird" game.

2. Classics Charming Nail Laquer in the shade 03, but any solid white color will do.

3. Catherine Arley Silky Touch Nail Lacquer in the shade 704. This is the color for the body of the yellow bird, so you need to find a sunny yellow nail polish.

4. Mania Beauty Nail polish in the shade 174. I used this color to make the body of the second bird. In the game it's red, but I decided to do a little switch and go for a bright orange. I also used the same polish for the beak of the yellow bird.

5. Golden Rose Paris Nail Lacquer in the shade79. I used this lighter and  pastel red to create the beak on the orange bird.

6. Mina Nail Art Striper in the shade 57. But you just need a black nail polish to outline the bird and add the eye.

7. Active Nail Hardener by Perfect. I used this for my base and you can also put it over your design as a topcoat.

8. Golden Rose Matte top coat Nail Lacquer. I decided to try to make the birds a bit more cartoon-looking. I don't think it made that much of a difference but you can give it a try if you want.


Now I'm going to guide you step by step in creating this design:


     + Paint your nails one or two thin coats of a light blue polish. This is going to be your sky.
     + Take your white nailpolish and with a dotting tool make a circle on your nail and fill it up. You can make the circle as big as you like and also take into account the size of your nail. If you feel more confident you can also make the circle with the nailpolish brush, just don't leave a blob!
     + After it dries a little bit take a yellow polish (or red, orange, blue, etc.) and fill up the white while leaving space for the eye of the flappy bird. I used a dotting tool for this part but you can use a toothpick if you don't own a dotting tool.
    + Let this dry a little bit and move on to drawing the beak. With a toothpick or an art brush draw one or two horizontal lines going outside the bird. For reference look at a picture.
    +Now comes the hardest part- outlining. Normally if you are really good you can do it with your nail art brush, but I definitely needed some help here. This is why I used the tiniest art brush I could find in the store. I think I did a pretty good job with it. Then add the eye.
    + Finish your design by adding clouds, dots ot pixel stars around your flappy bird to give it a more finished look.
    + Finally, wait 2-3 hours and add a shiny or matte topcoat.


And you're finished!!! Your "Flappy Bird" nail art is complete. I hope you liked this quick and fun design. Let me know what you think in the comments.

xoxo,

    HriS


No comments:

Post a Comment