Saturday, August 3, 2013

Nail it: Fixing a Broken Nail Polish

Hi everyone,

А few days ago I dropped my grey nail polish on the terrace,  the cap  (with a part of the bottle) flew away and I still haven't found it. Luckily, I was able to save the remaining of it before it fell as well. However, the bottle was shattered. It was completely unusable and I had to think of a way to save the nail polish before it had dried, because it was a brand new one and I had bought it exactly two days before. Here is how it looked after the accident =[....



I wanted to glue it back together, but (as I mentioned) I just couldn't find the cap with the other part of the bottle. I was wondering what else to do and then I decided to pour it into another bottle. However, I had to find one which was empty (and I don't keep empty or dry nail polishes). So, I was trying to figure it out and then I saw that I had two half-empty bottles with clear nail polish. The first thing I did was to pour the content of one of them into the other one and then I mixed them together. It worked perfectly because now I have an almost full bottle of clear nail polish =]


After that, I was wondering whether to clean the free bottle or not.... I decided that even if I didn't clean it, it wouldn't matter a lot because it wouldn't affect the color. However, if you decide to use the bottle of a color nail polish I would definitely recommend removing all previous color with some nail polish remover.

The next step for me was to carefully pour the grey from the broken bottle into the clean empty new bottle. You may need to wait a few minutes in the end because it will be very slow, but I wanted to save as much as I possibly could. You can also try using a toothpick or something similar to slightly push the liquid out.



And.... that's about it. I am so happy with my "experiment", because I ended up with a full bottle of clear nail polish and another bottle of grey nail polish. Now, I am very sad that I forgot to check the number of the shade, but I will try to find the same color and I will write it down. I hope you liked this post!! Comment and tell me what you thought and whther you have had a similar accident...

xoxo,
        HriS

2 comments:

  1. Woah, you only had it for two days and you already broke the bottle O.O

    What luck! LOL.


    Check out my blog!! Maybe even follow it, LOL
    http://featuringcrystal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it was awful and really unlucky... but accidents happen. LOL

      Delete