Saturday, August 10, 2013

DIY Banana Face Mask

Hi everyone,

Because of the super hot weather my skin has been really oily and also a little bit irritaded by the harsh sun. Normally I love doing masks on my face and maybe I will do a review of my favorite ones soon, but lately I have been loving one particular home-made face mask. It's really simple and it also does wonders for your skin. So, let's begin....

I Products: All you will need to create this mask is a banana and a little honey (one tablespoon). This will be kinda like a cooking video LOL This mask is great because it contains all natural ingridients and we all know... nothing can be more healthy and good for you than nature.



II Steps It was the dirst time I had ever done such a face mask and I was constantly asking myself: "Am I doing this right? Is it supposed to look like this?" This is why, I am going to tell you every detail about the mask, so that you wouldn't have to ask yourself these questions.

1. The first thing you should do is peel and cut your banana into a bowl. You can cut it into the size you choose- I cut mine into relatively big pieces, but it doesn't really matter. However, what you want to pay attention to is the condition of your banana- you don't want to get a banana which is too ripe, nor do you need one which is still green. The reason for this is that these bananas won't have as much vitamins and on the whole less nutritional value.


2. Now you want to get either a spoon or a fork and begin mashing your banana. It will look weird and a little gross, but it's the only way. Here you can choose where to stop, but remember: the bigger the limps of banana the harder they will stay on your face. That's why, you should get them almost to the point of a homogenic mixture.

3. When you are done mashing the banana you want to add the honey. I am not sure if there is any difference what kind of honey you add- I added a tablespoon of the honey I had at home. It's not from the lightest type, nor is it the very dark one. But you definitely want natural honey. When you add it start stirring again until you are happy with the consistency of the mask. It shouldn't be too liquidy, but it will definitely not be hard. To tell you the truth it's very weird when you look at it but the results will be worth it.

4.Optional: you can add a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice, but if you don't have it at hand you can skip it.

5. Apply your home-made mask: I found this step a little tricky, because of the consistency of my mask. after wondering how to apply it, I decided to do it with my hands. It felt sooo strange and it looked even stranger. I applied a medium layer of the mask, mainly because I didn't know how to make it thinner and it felt too heavy when I made it very thick ...lol. But have fun. I personally felt like a child playing with mud. It was so fun.

6. Wait for about 20-30 minutes and then remove it with a towel or a napkin. After that you should wash your face very gently with warm water to remove any leftover product.

And.... you're done. You should definitely feel a difference. I will tell you how it felt for me:
1. My skin was soooo soft. This was definitely the first thing I noticed.
2. All the oil from my face was GONE. This is because of the honey. It removed that nasty feeling from my face but it also didn't dry my face but left me with a beautiful glow.
3. My face felt really refreshed. It was like I had just had a shower. Also, I love the smell of bananas and you will deinitely feel this aroma during the entire day. It was like I was on a tropical island... and I was eating bananas. =D

Quick Tips:
     - While you are applying your mask and during the time you have your mask on, you want to have a towel or something you do't mind getting dirty under your face because there may be some fallouts during the 20-30 minutes and you dan't want to get the mask on your clothes.
     - You won't be able to use the whole amount you will make at once, so I have a few suggestions for you:
1. Get some friends over and do this mask on each other's faces. It will be more fun and you may end up taking funny pictures together. This also a perfect activity for a sleepover.
2. You can put some of the mixture onto a small plate and add some salt or sugat to it. After that you want to take it with your hands or an old (but clean) toothbrush and scrub it gently on your lips. This will be an amazing lip-exfoliant.
      - If you want to get an even more refreshing feeling out of this mask you can put the banana in the fridge before you peel it. This works out better than putting the mixture in the fridge for a few hours because bananas tend to become brown very quickly after they are peeled and your mixture will look very unpleasant and it may even smell differently.

This was my DIY Banana Face Mask. Tell me how it wored out for you. What's your favorite home-made face mask?

xoxo,
      HriS

E-mail: teenbeautyzone.blogspot.com
Twitter: Hrisi V @2ferocious

2 comments:

  1. This looks great! I did a honeys and lemon DIY face scrub in my blog! And thanks for checking it out http://its-called-fashion.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is nice :) Joined your blog :)

    Check out my blog if you get a chance: http://www.thestarlight92.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete