Sunday, December 8, 2013

Garnier Ultra Doux: Review

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been skipping out the whole blogging thing this past month (maybe two). I've explained the reason for this in my Blog NewZ post. I have a really quick review for you you today. Well, maybe not so quick: none of my posts are ever short LOL,

But I'm going to tell you what I think about Garnier's Ultra Doux shampoos. I already did a review of the one with pomegranate in my Hair Routine for Thin Hair post. I was really pleased so I decided to try out a few other ones as well. Here is my impression....




So, the first one I tried was GARNIER ULTRA DOUX SOFTENING SHAMPOO WITH ALOE VERA AND VEGETABLE MILK. I have a few things to say about it:

        + It smells very soft and "clean". The scent will really appeal to everyone, it's neither weak, nor too strong.
        + The consistency is also pretty good. I like that the shampoo has a sort of satin look: it's really glossy and shiny which I think is super cool.
        + It's supposed to be for all hair types, but I think the formula is not strong enough for oily hair. It worked pretty well when my hair was semi-oily and dirty, but when I hadn't washed my hair for three days it really wasn't able to remove everything. That's why if your hair gets really oily really fast I would advice reading the review of the other Garnier shampoo or trying a formula for this type of hair.
        + Because of the aloe vera extract the shampoo left me with silky soft hair: It was really smooth and very easy to dry and form.
        + It foams very quickly and you don't need to squeeze the whole bottle on your hair to get good results.
        + Doesn't work really well with conditioner my hair got dirty the next morning- very frustrating.

Overall impression: The shampoo showed adequate and average results. I enjoyed the soft smell and feeling but it didn't make an impressive performance on oily hair or when used with conditioner.
Grade: 3.5 of 5

The second shampoo I got last week was GARNIER ULTRA DOUX WITH ARGAN OIL AND POMEGRANATE. I have only used this shampoo 2-3 times but I think I got enough info to give my review:
         + It had the same texture as the aloe vera one. I really liked that the pomegranate one was with a clear bottle and texture, but this is a minor detail.
         + The smell is incredible and everyone who is into girly and semi-sweet scents is going to fall in love with this shampoo. I think it's because of the cranberries, but I can't really tell.
         + Now this shampoo is supposed to be for colored hair. I'm 17 and I don't color my hair but my mum does, so I'm going to tell you how it works both on colored and natural hair.
-For me the shampoo had AMAZING results. I worked as well on oily hair as it did on pretty clean. I haven't used it with conditioner, but I don't think it will make such a big difference.
-The shampoo worked really well on my mum's hair, too. She has very thin and "tired" hair, so this shampoo really brought some life back into it: it made it really soft and helped her form it more easily, because she has natural curls.
          + I really liked it that the shampoo gave my hair a lot of volume. That wasn't included in the deal, but it was still a very pleasant surprise. Honestly, there hasn't been a shampoo in a while that gave me so much volume- I love it.

Overall impression: I love this shampoo. The money you pay for it is not much, but it is definitely worth it. For me it's an "all-in-one" deal. Definitely recommend it!
Grade: 5 of 5

Talk to you soon, beautifuls!!!

xoxo, 

     HriS

No comments:

Post a Comment