Saturday, February 15, 2014

Make up your mind: The perfect skin

Hey everyone,

Today I am going to talk about what prevents us from having perfect skin on our faces. I'm going to tell you how to reduce and even remove or prevent these problems, so you can have the perfect "canvas". Some of the tips overlap but that's even better- less things to remember. So, let's get started....



Every girl deserves to have the perfect skin, but let's face it- not many are that lucky. There are few main things that ruin our "canvas":


I.Undereye circles: 


Oh, how I HATE these purplish-brown circles under my eyes. I honestly can't even look at myself in the morning sometimes. I have really bad undereye circles and no matter how much sleep I have had, they are always there- in the best case they are just dark brown. However, when I don't get enough sleep they can be horrible- purple and even a little hollow. They make me appear tired and even older. 
       9 out of 10 people have undereye circles, so that is a little comforting for me, but it still doesn't change the fact that they are there on my face and I can't remove them. 
       No matter how hard I try I can never fully make them disappear. But I try to make them as invisible as I can. 
     + The first thing is to drink a lot of water. I was a little skeptical about this tip, but it does help a little bit. How it works is that water hydrates your skin and that's especially good for the area under your eyes. When your skin is fresh and soft the circles are less purple and also any products you apply will melt better and look more natural.
     + Another thing is to use hydrating cream. It's good to do it on your whole face, but if you can't make the time, just add a little face cream (or even better- eye cream) before you go to bed or after you get up. 
     + You should always remove your makeup. Foundation, BB cream and powder, if not removed, can really clog your pores and your skin won't be able to breathe properly. Also, if you have slept with mascara or eyeliner in the morning it would probably be smeared and blurred all over your undereye area and even if you remove it then there will still be a dark undertone in that area and that will make you look like a zombie. 
    + Get your beauty sleep: your dark circles may not magically disappear, but they will significantly reduce and will be easier to cover up. 

II. Blemishes:


Pimples can be a real disaster for both guys and girls. It can be very unpleasant to have a huge breakout right before an important event or to go to school will acne and be afraid that your crush might run into you. I've been there, it's terrible.But with a LOT of hard work and determination even the worst cases of acne can be noticeably improved. Here is how:
     + Drink a lot of water. I know I mentioned this earlier, but water is such an important "ingredient" to having the perfect skin. Water cleans your face from the inside out and not only hydrates your skin but also removes all the toxins out of your body. So drink, drink, drink!
     + Avoid eating sweets. I don't mean cutting them out of your diet. I am talking about reducing the amount of chocolate, biscuits and other similar desserts you consume throughout the day. I haven't read this on the Internet, but I  can tell you from experience that the moment I reduced my intake of sweets I noticed a change. I had a lot less breakouts and my skin soon cleared up. 
     + Sleep: Sleep is crucial! This is because during the night your whole body is repairing itself, including the skin, so the more beauty sleep you have, the better. 
     + Remove your makeup. Again I mantioned it before, but here this is even more important. Because makeup can clog your pores, it's really important to remove all of the makeup you have put on. clogged pores can cause a lot of breakouts and if you don't remove your makeup a few days in a row, you will notice them. 
     +  Invest in your skin. This is extremely important. I know most teens prefer to spend their money on clothes, shoes, etc. but try to reprogram your brain, like I did. Now I consider buying face products as investing in my skin and its beauty. Looking fresh and flawless can catch more attention than a new pair of shoes, trust me. Also, invest your time- make time to clean and moiturise your face every day. 

III. Facial hair


I can't help the guys here, but I can give some advice to the girls:
     + Don't shave ANY hair on your face. Whatever problem you have, don't solve it with a razor. This is because the hair will grow back even darker and it will look worse and more visible. If you have a small "mustache" don't worry- it's perfectly normal
-If it's blonde and not that thick and noticeable, just leave it the way it is. 
-If it's a little dark but not that thick you can get facial hair bleach or whatever it's called. It will bleach the hairs and you won't even be able to see them.
-If you have dark and very thick hairs go to a cosmetitian and periodically get it removed or buy facial hair strips and do it yourserlf- it will probably hurt a little bit at first, but when you get used to it you won't think of it as such a huge problem. But whatever you do don't shave it
      + Last but not least- eyebrows. It's very good to have shaped brows, but don't go overboard- boys prefer girls with eyebrows rather than ones with almost none. What I do is I simply pluck all the hairs under my main eyebrow shape. I try to stay away from the top part, because it's very hard to get it nice and precise. If you don't know how to do it yourself, just go to a professional- that's their job. And while you're there, don't be afraid to say what kind of shape you are going for: YOU are the most important one, so YOU have to like yourself. 


Well, that was it. I hope you enjoyed this quick post. I haven't done these type of posts, so let me know what you think. Do you have any more tips for a healthy skin? What would you like to see next?


xoxo,
      HriS

1 comment: