Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Ultimate Fashion Guide: Fall 2013

Hi everyone,

I don't know if you remember, but I did a post on Fashion trends for Summer 2013. (You can see it here) So, of course, I had to do one for Fall. In fashion, trends change constantly. I am not the kind of person who wants to have all the latest trends and nothing else. Don't get me wrong, I love fashion and I enjoy dressing in style, but I prefer incorporating the trends and modiying them to my current style. This way I feel comfortable, but I also improve my way of dressing up.

Ok, enough with the long intro. Let me show you what trends I noticed for this fall and also how you can incorporate them with your clothes without going overboard.


Again, this is going to be a VERY long post with many pictures and fun tips!!! 



I. Colors

So, there are three main colors which will be everywhere during this Fall.

1. I hope you are a fan of green like me, because you'll be seeing it A LOT. Everything from Emerald Green to Millitary Green is in and this has to be my favorite trend out of them all. However, even though green is pretty much the most popular color for this season, that doesn't mean you should dress as a bush or a tree. Don't overdo it! Put on separate pieces in green or accessorize. Go for looks like this:



2.Have you heard of Winter White? Well, Winter White is coming early and you can definitely rock it during the fall. I would suggest leaving the winter coats for winter, though. The good thing about this particular color is that it is almost impossible for it to be too much. You can wear anything: white jeans (super cute), white tops (simple, but elegant), a little white dress, etc. If you feel that it's too plain for you accessorize with some colorful statement jewellery. Here are some examples and a few model looks that are perfect for everyday and school:



3.Ok, the final color in this category is grey. I'm pretty sure most if not all girls have some grey garment in their wardrobe. Here very popular are grey jeans, but you can also wear grey loose tops (flowy and girly). And do I even need to mention shoes: grey is pretty much one of the most populat colors for all types of shoes (use this in your advantage). Here a few model looks which I think are perfect for any girl:


II. Patterns

Do you remember, that for the summer bright colors and florals were all the rage. Well, this fall, fashion is going back to basics with classical patters. This means: plaid, houndstooth and pretty much all conservative geometric patterns. Personally, I associate plaid with country style, but if you know how to do it, you can turn plaid into a more rebellious pattern. Also, note that you should not go overboard with the colors: it's good to include some color, but stick to fall colors. Here are some looks:



Other patterns which are also making their big comeback this fall are animal prints: leopard in particular. I am not overjoyed by this, but I don't create fashion (not yet.. lol). Here, you should try to break out of the ordinaty leopard print with some crazy colors. Everything works, BUT be very careful with this print, because you may end up looking.... let's just go with not appropriate. If you want to include some diva prints in your everyday looks trust accessories. Again, enjoy:


III. Materials

I have some good news for all the fashionistas reading my blog: all the sexy materials are back. This season invest in a good leather jacket, because it will be a definite must-have. Also, try to get your hands on anything else made from leather. To tell you the truth it's not surprising that this material is making a comeback: it's ageless, it's sexy and it can also be used in everyday outfits if you know how. I'm going to show you a few items which incorporate this trend in a way that it doesn't feel too overwhelming:





Another fabric which is not less sexy and flattering when incorporated properly is velvet. And good news- it's back to stay this fall. I don't have much about this material: I like it; it's definitely less demanding than leather, in my view, but if you are going for a bolder look it's still a pretty good alternative. I'm just going to stop here and show you a few items, AGAIN:


IV. Shoes

I have seen a lot of fashion shows and when it comes to shoes there is one thing that I am constantly noticing: designers are betting on diverse and VERY bold designs and patterns. I think that the clothes I have seen are very safe, but they are paired with a very eye-catching pairs of shoes and they simply balance each other and create a "harmony". When it comes to designs, there are a few basic ones which are pretty much in every fall. For example, the comfortable flats, or the cute and stylish ankle boots, or the elegant and sexy strappy sandals and open-toe shoes, etc. However, something new and fresh are the over-the-knee boots. They are usually a preferred model for winter, but I guess they arrived early this year. A fun new trick with them is the open toe: it gives them a more summery feel and break out the traditional boot design. See for yourselves:

 



V. Random trends

Something which most designers agree on this fall is layering. This a very fun and easy to pull of trend if you have a few basic pieces (comment if you want to see a post on this). There can be a variety of colors used in layering but designers seem to stick to typical fall colors: pastels, greens, beige, dark purple and everything from the black-and-white scale.

Another amazing trend this fall with be hats. Hats, hats, hats! I'm so excited for this- I'm a huge hat lover and this is perfect for me. The most popular designs would definitely have to be beanies and fedoras. There are also the winter-like hats: knit with ear warmers:



A random trend which will appeal to all comfy-lovers are turtlenecks. What can I say, they are warm, cozy and soft, especially if you pick one from a good fabric. They are also offered in a HUGE variety of designs and shapes, so they can look good and flattering on every type of body. Not to mention that they are the ultimate clothing piece for school and for the office.


VI. Make Up

For the bolder ladies out there, metallics are a must-try. They are definitely the new thing this autumn and every woman who follows the latest trends will definitely be updating her make up collection with colors like silver, copper, golden, etc. However, if your not feeling brave you can always trust the natural bronze beauty look. You can make it sexier if you rock a bold dark red lip color. Another thing is, you should try to stay away from cherry lip sticks and lip glosses- they are definitely a no-no.

 



Ahhh, the wonderful world of nail polishes is going to be very diverse this Autumn. Again, metallics are very much in. Also, if you don't have many matte nail polishes, try investing in a good matt topcoat. Grayscale colors are going to be pretty popular, with the most common designs being very clean: like stripes or French tip manicures. Of course, if you want to breathe some color into your nails, go for dark autumn colors: red, beige, brown, yellow, green and even purple. Try experimenting with 3D studs.



Oh, I can't believe I was able to finish this!!! I know it was a long post, but this IS the ultimate fashion guide for my readers!!! You deserve only the best and I try my best to give it to you! I hope you enjoyed this post.

Let me know what you think in the comments below: do you like the Fall Fashion Trends for 2013? What is your most favorite fashion trend ever?

xoxo,

        HriS


Follow me on Twitter @2ferocious for all the latest news and updates.
e-mail me at teenbeautyzone@abv.bg
Follow me on Google +
Like my brand new Facebook page: 2Ferocious

No comments:

Post a Comment