Saturday, July 19, 2014

Nail It: Elegant Nail Art With... Striping Tape!?!

Hey everyone,


So, I got a request to do a nail art design only using striping tape. Of course I immediately agreed, because striping tape is super fun to work with. You need only one roll of striping tape n it doesn't matter what color it is, since we're going to peel it off.

Colorwise I went with purples and pinks. Here is how the finished design looks: ^_^

See how you can create this beautiful nail art on your nails:

I Polishes

I decided to do this design using perples and pinks, but a good alterntive would be neutrals (brown and beige). Here are the polishes I used:
Yes, they are only four, but if you want, you can create the design using only three (base and top coat, dark purple and pink/lilac polish). My polishes are:
- Catherine Arley Silky Touch Nail Lacquer in 11
- Catherine Arley Nail Lacquer in 131
- Very me base and top coat by Oriflame
- Brooklin Nail Lacquer in 7

II Tools

The titple says it all- you will only need a roll of striping tape and a pair of scissors:

III Steps: 


Nail 1: I think this design looks a lot a gift wrapping and it's also really easy to make (I'm sorry the pictures are a little blurry, but I didn't have good lighting) :
1. Apply a base coat.
2. Paint your nail one coat of a dark purple polish. Go for a warmer purple like the color of grapes.
3. When the polish is COMPLETELY dry place two perpendicular pieces of tape. Make them meet towards the right or left tip of the nail (like in picture 3).
4. Fill in the four separate parts with pink and lilac, but make them checkered. If you want, you can do this design with only one colour- it's up to you ^_^
5. While the polish is dry, quickly remove the tape.
6. Clean up around your nail and fix any mistapes that you've made. Finally I decided to add a pink gem where the four spaces meet.

When everything is dry add a top coat!

Nail 2: You may have noticed that I really like creating colourful french tips and I just couldn't help myself :D
1. Apply a base coat.
2. Paint your nail two thin coats of a lilac or pink polish.
3. When the polish is COMPLETELY dry add a piece of tape near the top of your nail (like in picture 3). You can adjust the lenght of your tip according to the lenght of your nail. My nails aren't long, so I made my tip smaller.
4. Fill in the tip with your dark purple polish. (If you want, you can switch the two colours.)
5. While the purple is still wet, quickly remove the tape. Clean up if you have got some polish on your skin.

When everything is dry, add a top coat!

Nail 3: I really don't know how to call this design. I just started playing with the tape and then I decided to do this pattern on my entire nail.
1. Apply a base coat.
2. Paint your nail one coat on a purple polish (two if you're not satisfied with the colour).
3. When the polish is COMPLETELY dry make a criss-cross pattern on your nail (like in picture 3) Make sure the spaces between the lines are even.
4. With a pink or lilac polish paint over the stripes and make sure you've got all the space around the tape.
5. While the polish is dry, quickly remove the tape.
6. Clean up around your nail. I decided to ad some blong to my design and I added some microbeads, but you don't have to if you dan't like the feeling of the beads.

When everything is dry add a generous top coat to seal the beads and protect your design!

Well, that's it! Here is another look at the finished nail art. It's pretty cool:
 

I hope you like it. tell me what you think in the comments and whether you would like to see a specific nail art design. If you do, I'll be happy to do it ^_^


xoxo,
  HriS

No comments:

Post a Comment